Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Little Papaya

No matter how old Maya is she will always be my little Maya papaya. It is incredible how different she is from Emma. Everything she does is full of her little personality. Maya brings pure joy into my life.

You should know that cleaning or picking up after herself is not Maya’s strongest quality. She can literally get distracted while walking across the room to put one thing away. The other day I asked her to pick up all the things that belonged on her bed and put them there. This consisted of one small pillow and two small blankets. This task was completed in a record fifteen minutes with her asking me at least three times “What was my job again?” Emma once said, “God didn’t make Maya to clean, only to play.”

Maya has a very active imagination. I have been privileged enough to attend multiple “weddings” this year. These usually consist of her dressed up as a princess marching down our living room rug (which is red…I’ve determined she thinks it is her red carpet) and then dancing a special dance with her two-foot tall Diego doll. Maya also loves her dollhouse and can spend hours making up her own world in her room. The detail that she puts into her arrangement of the dollhouse is amazing. I have a project that Maya made in pre-school that is now on display in my office. It is entitled “The Burning Bush” and is a green piece of construction paper with twigs and red and orange paper glued to it. Each twig is carefully and artistically placed in the right spot. That picture always brings a smile to my face.

Also, Maya is one of the most giving people I have ever met. She will literally give you anything if she thinks it will make you happy. She is always willing to share with her sister, and always wants to make sure her sister gets whatever she does. What kid does that? If Emma is upset, Maya will offer her most prized possession to try to make it better. Her attitude inspires me.



This is a picture I took of Maya at her birthday party.



Whether she’s making a joke and laughing hysterically at herself or simply walking across the room in her newest favorite princess dress, she makes my cares melt away.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to dig this one out of the archives: http://paperclips.typepad.com/paperclips/2007/07/now-maybe-well-.html

January 24, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful words! I also find it so amazing and wonderful that Emma enjoys Maya's personality so much, even though they are so absolutely different.
You have wonderful daughters!

January 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger AmyC said...

It's true. All true. She takes after me. Yes, I'll even own the whole "God makes Maya to play, not to clean" thing.

I love this picture. But, then... you already know that. Love you!

January 24, 2008 at 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nicely worded and so true. Maya is super sweet. I was thinking, What?!?! takes after Amy? (I was thinking she took after me) BUT then I realized that Amy did help create a wonderful elephant wedding! LOL Ask her if she remembers that.
Anyways, very nice post Curt and it's about time! =)

January 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home